Friday, March 30, 2007

thing 23


My thoughts on Library 2.0
I wish I was starting Library 2.0 now with the knowledge and experience I have gained though these exercises. Every exercise was so new to me--blogs, rss, flicker, youtube that is was overwhelming and frustrating at times.
Today I went back and tried things that were very challenging for me. Such as adding a personal photo. Here is my daughter on our vacation to my sister's home in Wisconsin. Buster is the pony that Danika is sitting on. I was hoping he would live long enough for her to meet. He died this week at the age of 38. What a good guy he was. He was the first pony all the kids in our families learned to ride on. My oldest nephew is now 27.

Back to Library 2.0. Thing 9 asked me which method of finding feeds did I find the easiest. When I did the exercise originally I didn't think any of them were easy. Now I can say I prefer Technorati. Most confusing is still Feedster. I like going to the website I am interested in and seeing if they have a news feed.

Thing 10. The fun image or gext generators I selected originally weren't that great. The glitter for Sandra's Happy Birthday sign wasn't very glittery and the old card catalog was boring. I love how excited my 3 and 5 year old get when they see real glitter and shinny paper. These new text generators are nice and very useful when writing and adding to blogs and I will try some more soon . they just can't replace the 3d stuff.

Thing 11 I saw that the YouTube Awards are the new Grammy and Emmy Award hoopla. I can't wait to see who won.

The other exercises I did this week so not too much has changed other than I listened to my new NPR podcast of the day. That's fun.

So which were my favorite discoveries? Definitely Podcasts and Flicker. How has this program assisted or affected my lifelong learning goals? It has inspired me to try new things especially in the area of technology. to take more risks and to eplore more because there are so many people willing to help me if all I do is ask or try. The unexpected outcome for me was that it was so time consuming and I didn't give up. I feel a nice sense of accomplishment. Do differently-- maybe divide it into segments. 23 things seemed like it was going on forever. Maybe limit to 10 exercises at a time. Yes, I would definitely do another discovery program like this in the future. Not only would I participate I would want to be one of the guinea pigs and be there from the beginning.

I'm bored with my thoughts so let's end with have a wonderful three day weekend. Your retirement is just around the corner, will you be spending much time at a computer or is it time to garden, travel, read, write, explore? Keep me posted, Bye
and thanks again for being supportive.

No comments: