Thursday, March 15, 2007

Exercise 11

I went to the Awards Calender and browsed through several categories but the one I liked the most was Start Pages and I selected Pageflakes. it was very easy to do. I liked the quick and ease that it allowed me to design my personal homepage. Just click on the categories that interested me--finance and money, entertainment, technology, weather world news, local news. Local news even allowed me to zero in on my own zip code. Pretty spiffy. I like the variety of topics that were available but they made the page look overwhelming. I think I need to limit the topic to 2 -4 instead of 6. that might make the page look more attractive and not so overwhelming. And how did I end up with the weather section about New York and not San Jose? Oh well. The local news was strange too. The listings were a few about scrap booking, the South Bay Libertarian club not things I'm really into. But when I clicked on more events I found a listing for West Valley's preschool story time. I wasn't expecting that. I sure can learn a lot about what's out there. I see this as a real plus in the library setting. People will customize their own homepage and spend less time just browsing. time on the computer could be more efficient.

No comments: