Thursday, March 29, 2007

Exercise 22

Ebooks.hummmmmmmmmmmmm
Such a great idea and yet so unappealing to me. I like the idea that so many books are available and won't be "out of print." So that in years from now I could come back and share a beloved story/book with grandchildren. but there is something lost in this format. The feel and passion one has when holding a "real" book--a real connection with the author. Sometimes I feel like the author spent a lot of time putting the words together just right so I would have them. I don't feel that way with email, or reading it on a computer etc. Instead I feel more anonymity and isolation. So I see ebooks as something super and something not that great. Can't wait to see if over time which way I end up viewing them. A fun little mystery to explore.

No comments: