Thursday, March 29, 2007
Exercise 14
I looked at Technorati and did a search for "Learning 2.0" in blog posts there were 27, 860 hit. Yikes! then when I used tags there were only 588 hits that's a big difference and lastly when I choose Blog directory there were only 191 blogs about library 2.0 listed. It definitely teaches me that a lot of people are willing or choosing to post via blog posts. There doesn't seem to be as much interest in using a directory. I guess this is another example of convenience overriding improving standards or developing a skill set. Just as I learned in those ancient cataloging classes we attended in library school,the key or subject words used determined the likelihood of someone finding exactly what they were seeking. The key words or tags are so critical in creating successful hits. The advantages are: the more specific the concept the better the chance of finding what a person is looking for and thus feeling more successful. Finding things you never knew you were looking for. Seeing possibilities from other tags but some tags are so bizarre I wonder if anyone would ever find a specific blog. Disadvantage is that there in no one authority, no sense of consistency. more of a feeling of "anything goes". I wonder if we are creating a more creative society or a more thoughtless and stupid world. A lot is misleading, go nowhere junk. Even though technology has changed the mechanics of how to find things, it still requires creativity,persistence and human ingenuity. So there is still hope in the technology era.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congratulations! You made it! Thanks for sharing your insights with us along the way.
Post a Comment