Thursday, February 15, 2007

Learning 2.0 Exercises 3 and 4
I registered my blog last month with the Virtual Services Team. Yeah! (so now I am officially finished with the first 4 exercises. I can see my muscles developing already).

The habit that I find the easiest to change is #2. Accept responsibility. I've learned a lot from my five year old that when you blame others (no matter how much you want to believe you're the victim) nothing really ever improves. Things just go from bad to worse. So my goal is to not take everything so serious , own up to things quickly and then act in a mature responsible fashion. I have learned over the years that when you take pride and value your learning others respect you more.

The habit that I find the most difficult is accepting problems as challenges. My father is an excellent role model for me in this area. When I was very young my father tried a series of ways to make a lot of money. Instead he created over $1000,000 in debt for himself and his family. that was considered a lot of money in the 50s and 60s, but instead of declaring bankruptcy he went back to what he was good at. He and my mother worked seven days a week for many many years. He payed back every penny he owed and is now a very, very wealthy man. He and my mother are my role model of a people of integrity. So I know first hand that accepting problems as challenges builds character, a depth of integrity and a new tool in the toolbox.

1 comment:

boydparty said...

I enjoyed the story about your father and how he was an inspiration to you.